Clegg Secrets
All of the writers at CleggThis are considered upstanding citizens who will most likely go down in history as some of the best writers on this thing called the Internet. They volunteer whenever possible and are always there to help their fellow man or women, or both.But under ever good human being lies a dark under belly of deception, evil and down right badness. And today is the day that this closet of lies is cleaned out. I have officially boarded the American Idol train that is on track to be the demise of American culture as we know it. Yes, our loyal readers, I may be addicted to American Idol.
The truth must come out, and here it is. I have NEVER seen more than 2 episodes of this show up until this year. And now, for whatever reason, I have seen 4 episodes this season. Although I don't want to admit it, I have chased the dragon of Simon, Randy and Paula all the way through the audition rounds and am on my way to Hollywood. Awful, I know.
So thats my secret. I lay it out there for all you to see. My shame spans far and wide, but its there and the only way to deal with it is to face it head on. But after seeing the previews for the Hollywood auditions last night, I may not be able to stop.
It is at this time I wish to create an interactive blog here, I invite you, our wonderful readers to tell me your secret. A while ago I found out about this project called "Post Secrets." Some guy invited the world to mail in, on an anonymous postcard, their secret. This phenomenon exploded, and has churned out a couple books. You can view the project here at: http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
Here is where you come in. Hopefully a lot of enjoy this hard hitting, relevant insight into social commentary on CleggThis and voice you opinions in the comment section. When you do this, there is an option to submit a comment anonymously. So post your secrets here by commenting anonymously and making this post the most interactive one yet. I have told you my secret, so I think its only fair you do as well.
Here are the rules:
1. LOGIN ANONYMOUSLY! Please don't put your name.
2. The secret must be true, or at least true at the time you comment. If you don't post a true comment, at least try to be funny.
3. Try not to do it at work. You never know who is looking over your shoulder.


14 Comments:
I think Paula Abdul is a total cougar.
By
Anonymous, at February 07, 2008 11:07 AM
I TOO LOVE AMERICAN IDOL!! IT HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BRING TEARS TO MY EYES! I AM GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE LIVING WITH THIS SECRET!!!
By
Anonymous, at February 07, 2008 11:08 AM
Wow, 2 secrets in less than 10 minutes. Thats great. Keep them coming. But remember, they don't all have to be about American Idol. I'll keep the ball rollin, whenever I watch the Real World on MTV ( or should say, when I USED to watch the Real World) I always imagined myself as the one character who didn't really do anything and was never talked about. Remember Irene from the 2nd season. She was the 35 year old cop that you never heard about. I didn't think you would remember here, and that would be me.
Person 1: Hey, you remember Barry from Real World 26 Detroit?
Person 2: Who?
By
CleggoMyEggo, at February 07, 2008 11:16 AM
I think I just farted..........oops I mean I just shit myself. That feels better to get that off my chest. Thanks!
By
Anonymous, at February 07, 2008 11:20 AM
I happened to catch the movie LEGENDS OF THE FALL, starring none other than the Pitt, Brad Pitt on HBO the other night. This is the second time I have seen this movie and each time I am ashamed to say the movie brought me to tears. Yep, I cried. I don't know about anyone else but this movie is Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to the face of emotion and heartache.
By
Anonymous, at February 07, 2008 11:56 AM
I love the show "The Real Housewives of Orange County". Its on Bravo and I say bravo for a show well done!
By
Anonymous, at February 07, 2008 12:55 PM
One time when I was younger I dressed up in my mom's clothes and paraded throughout the house with a homosexual'esque happiness. This may or may not be true.
By
Anonymous, at February 07, 2008 1:43 PM
The show pretty much sucks, but the thing that really pisses me off is that my DVR is full with every damn episode. I can't record my own shows. Come on, Dog!
By
Anonymous, at February 07, 2008 3:33 PM
I don't think you are hooked. I just think that there is nothing else on TV to watch. Oh and I love watching Rock of Love, The Girls next door, and that Celebrity Rehab show with Dr. Drew. Damn! I love trash TV.
By
Anonymous, at February 07, 2008 3:48 PM
its Friday and I plan to do ZERO work all day.
but that really isnt a secret I guess?
By
Anonymous, at February 08, 2008 11:35 AM
American Idol isn't an awful show. The only problem with it is that we're supposed to believe the show is about music and musical talent. It's not. It's about people who want to be famous. We sit and watch people who will do anything for a shot at fame. It's kind of sad. None of these people -- not even the Chris Daughtry types who claim to have some sort of artistic vision -- have anything to *say*. None of the contestants care about making good music. They want "a big contract" and "to move [their] career forward", and it just so happens that singing is going to be the means to that ends.
Not to mention that Paula Abdul was one of the least-talented singers ever to crack the Billboard Top 10, so there's a certain hypocrisy to any of her criticism. (Which she wisely minimizes.) Simon Cowell probably thinks all pop music is bollocks anyway, and probably goes home and listens to either Miles Davis or recordings of the London Symphony Orchestra. Randy Jackson, on the other hand, is a phenomenal bass player; he's really the only one with the credibility on that show (in my opinion) to critique musical talent.
Sorry, I'd rather spend my time listening to real artists who care more about the music they're making than the number of hits on their MySpace page.
By
Anonymous, at February 12, 2008 10:15 AM
P.S. My confession is that I am addicted to HGTV. I am also greatly disappointed with HGTV-HD. Almost all the shows are different from the standard def channel, and none of them are half as good. Why do they do this? How hard is it to put the exact same shows on your HD channel that you do on your standard definition channel?
By
Anonymous, at February 12, 2008 10:17 AM
Whoops. Those last two comments were from Anonymous, not from "JG", whoever that is.
By
Anonymous, at February 13, 2008 4:20 PM
Dude...I'm so glad you don't like that Adam kid. He sounds like Sabastian Bach and James Labrie scientifically fused their sperm together and impregnated Evan Rachel Wood (without the talent). I agree on the blind kid...he has a distinct advantage...how can you get nervous when you never see the crowd? I like blondie, El Salvador, and Lil the Thrill!!!!
By
Anonymous, at March 18, 2009 8:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home