Its Getting Hot in Here!

There comes a point in everyone's life that makes them say "God Damn...are people THAT stupid?" Usually at these crossroads in humanity, the answer is a "yes."
This is my thoughts on the population out there that believes global warming is not happening. When the staff at CleggThis did a Google search on Global Warming, it found 54,200,000 hits. Paris Hilton only got 26,400,000 hits, and ferrets were a distant 3rd with 2,690,000 hits. Don't worry little buddies, when you start becoming famous for being nothing but a slut, you will get more Google hits.....anyway, we are getting off track now.
Global Warming is a SCIENTIFIC FACT. The reason SCIENTIFIC FACT is in capitals is because I really want to drive home that Global Warming is a SCIENTIFIC FACT. Facts are a funny thing really. According to Websters Dictionary, a fact is:
1. A piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred
2. A statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened
So as you can see, you can't really have an opinion about Global Warming since it is FACT. Sorry George Bush, Greg Hill (I do listen to your morning show everyday and love it, but I must disagree with you on this subject) and the American Association of Petroleum Geologists. (The AAPG is the only major professional organization in the natural sciences that formally rejects the likelihood of human influence on recent climate, according to Wikipedia.)
So to make those out there that still believe Global Warming is not happening, I have come up with a list of other facts that you can disbelieve, just so Global Warming is not your only one:
1. Gravity: Trust me, you are not really sitting in your chair right now, it is just a mirror trick made up by Penn and Teller.
2. The Internet: Even though you think you are reading this, it is still up for debate whether you are or not.
3. Photosynthesis: All that air you breath just goes to the local processing plant. Those pesky trees are just there to make you rake the leaves in the fall.
4. Smog: You are probably just still hung over...or baked.


8 Comments:
i like that you always have pictures in your blog. i don't have any pictures. pictures pictures pictures.
By
Christina, at April 12, 2007 9:27 AM
Yes Barry, I agree with you on this subject. If you'd like to look at a website by a real asshole that thinks global warming is a myth, go to www.drudgereport.com I hate Matt Drudge and I'd like to see him dead. He only posts stories about how global warming isn't really happening. He also only posts articles that make democrats look bad (not that I'm a democrat). Bill O'Reilly and Matt Drudge should get together for a circle jerk while they talk about how "the right is right!"
By
Anonymous, at April 12, 2007 2:38 PM
I don't understand why people who have libral views and agree with everything Democrats say are affraid to call themselves Democrats.
Good night and Good luck!
By
Anonymous, at April 18, 2007 9:10 AM
If the first step is to recognize Global warming is happening... the second step should be to ask oneself What CAN I DO to stop it !
Here are few ideas...
- stop driving everywhere with my car , take public transportation use my bike or my feet
- Buy local
- try simple living ...
By
Anonymous, at April 26, 2007 12:54 PM
Anne,
Your absolutely right. The only real thing you can do by yourself to help the environment is to drive a fuel efficient car. The difference between using paper plates and glass and a wash, since the water you use is the same impact as the trash you throw out.
By
CleggoMyEggo, at April 28, 2007 7:42 PM
I hope I understood what you meant (my moter tongue is french, not english)...but I don't really agree with you.
I think that when you throw the paper plate in the trash you don’t realize how much water it needed to be made and will need to be recycled... You also don’t realize how much fuel the company needed to make it and to transport it to the store, the fuel you used to drive to that store and also the fuel that will be used to take your paper plate to the recycling point. I also think that driving a fuel efficient car is not enought... but I understand that in America living without a car is not easy... as the whole country was built for cars. But the day will come when the earth will be too small for all these cars...!!!
By
Anonymous, at May 04, 2007 5:50 PM
Anyone who thinks Cleggo might start an international incident with Anne... please raise your hand.
No one will be able to respond to this because their hands will be raised far, far above the keyboard
By
johnc, at May 10, 2007 1:07 PM
:-) no international incident don't worry about it...!!
By
Anonymous, at May 11, 2007 2:21 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home