CleggThis

Monday, October 08, 2007

Let's Go Yankees!


We have always felt that the writers at CleggThis are loyal and committed fans of Boston sports, remembering the bad good ole days of Mike Greenwell, Dennis Lamp and John Valentin. The staff here look on disgust with the "new" fans of Red Sox Nation that wear mostly green hats and shirts, and usually bring their girlfriend's draped in pink. This is only magnified by the fact that the team's name also refers to the colors you are supposed to wear..."Red" Sox. Morons.


Anyway, any Red Sox fan will tell you what team they always want to lose, and thats the Yankees. The staff here has never really hated the Yankees, in fact, the reverse is true. We have always held them in high regard since, lets be honest, when the Red Sox play the Yankees its God damn exciting. Plain and simple, its the best rivalry in sports. Which is why the Yankees, Joe Torre and the Bronx in general are getting the full support from the people of CleggThis. Yes, we want to watch an ALCS that involves the Red Sox AND the Yankees.


In one of my proudest moments lately that hasn't involved golf, I wrote an email to Fox25 today on my day off. They were doing a poll of who you want to see in the playoffs. I sat and watched for 20 minutes, never really expecting them to read it on air. But they did, and not only did they read it on air, but local news hotty Maria Stephanos proudly read "Barry from Woburn writes..."
It was pretty awesome, yet completely sad at the same time to see me sitting on the couch jumping up an screaming "Hey, I am Barry from Woburn!"


So lets go Johnny D, Jeter and A-Rod. Keep this up, so we can beat the crap out of you starting Friday. Its just not the same without a Sox/Yanks post season.

2 Comments:

  • I am thoroughly disgusted by this post.

    So it won't be the same without the NYY in the post season?

    A. You never wish Yankees to win. Imagine if they did win, the momentum they would have gained from winning three straight.
    B. If, gulp, we did lose, I would rather lose to the Indians, the Bad News Bears or a cricket team than the bastards from the Bronx.
    C. I think the newly (soon to be) unemployed Joe Torre would make a great bench coach here in Boston.

    And now you play golf? I am truly disgusted. What do you work in Norwood?

    By Blogger Unknown, at October 09, 2007 8:19 AM  

  • I know, I am sorry. Looking back now, maybe I was somewhat premature in my post. But, like I said, and you can't deny it, there is nothing more exciting than Sox / Yanks. I am pretty excited about the Indians though.

    Yes, I have always played golf and I love it.

    By Blogger CleggoMyEggo, at October 10, 2007 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home