CleggThis

Monday, November 12, 2007

I Need a Vacation from my Vacation

As you can see the staff here at the CleggThis offices have been quite busy, so busy that we decided to take a little vacation...in the middle of November. Why you ask? Well, the Man said the staff needed to use 6 vacation days before the end of the year or risk being executed. Ever notice that the day you get back from vacation you are tired or exhausted, or a combination of the two? We here at CleggThis have decided companies need to institute a "Vacation from your Vacation" policy. This policy would include either a half day or a day at work with nothing to do when you get back. How do you expect we to work when I haven't been for over 6 days? It would be like asking me to compose something using counterpoint in the 5th species. (For those of you who took AP Music Theory 2 is high school you know what I am talking about, and when I saw you, I mean Andy, Laura, Kaitlyn and myself.)

Its just too much. I always considered myself a hard worker, not afraid to get my hands dirty or work late. Now I just can't seem to muster up the motivation to check email. If that ain't lazy, then I don't know what is.

Speaking of lazy, my friends and I had this idea to start an internet comedy show called "Go Children Slow." It was going to be a website of video skits written by Brian and Matt and directed and edited by me. Due to circumstances (me, since every time they ask to do something I say I am busy) the idea never really got off the ground. We did one skit, which I have posted below, which was called "How Do I Know that Guy." The plan was this would be a reoccurring skit 2 guys meet or see each other and one can't quite remember how they know the other guy. Then it would cut to some ridiculous scene showing how there is no way they couldn't remember how they knew each other. As you can see, we did this one right on the heels of all the "Brokeback Mountain" humor.

It was shot on a whim on a cold Saturday morning in Norwood. The street scenes are from Norwood Center, and the cowboy scenes are from Canton at a place we had a company cookout one year. I have no idea what the name of that place was. Also, notice the great composition of snow and hay. It must have been about 15 degrees outside, and I didn't have any gloves on. Anyway, enjoy. Maybe one day I will break out of my laziness and do another one.

Matt stars as the guy on the bench and in the white hat.
Brian stars as the other guy. Jen stars as the girlfriend who says nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home