CleggThis

Monday, January 22, 2007

I Hair You Had A Great Experience



Ever notice there are a lot of places to get a hair cut that has some bogus play on words, usually involving the word "hair?" The Nobel prize winning staff at CleggThis have as well.

One other thing the staff (and when I say staff, I mean me) of CleggThis have noticed is that the nice people who cut hair feel they always have to make small talk. Nothing annoys me more than having to talk about how warm/cold it has been or if the sun will ever come out. As you can see, the small talk usually involves the weather. It as been a goal of mine to find the magical phrase that will shut these people up. Most days, my tactics involve me trying to say as little as possible to give the impression that I don't care what they have to say. The thought of saying "shut the hell up" to a person with a sharp object very close to me head has never been very appealing.

All that changed today. A man, whom I will only refer to John "the smartest man alive" Doe sat across the shop getting a hair cut and avoiding the wasteful blabber of his hair cutter. How may you ask? Did he bring his own muzzle? Did he give her a good quick slap before he sat down? No, he only did the simplest thing he could have done, and in doing so solidified himself as the genius of the hair cut. He read a magazine.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Why did I never think of this? Is there some invisible force field I felt between the waiting area and the swivel chairs?

And then, after witnessing what I felt was an act of God, I was given the hair stylist who didn't speak English. Isabelle, as I will call her since I didn't get her name, gave me the single greatest hair cut I have ever had. She did exactly what I asked, she kept quiet and even got that problematic spot around my right side that no one ever seems to get right.

In conclusion, there are 2 ways to get a great hair cut:

1. Read a magazine.
2. Request Isabelle.

6 Comments:

  • Yeah, but then you have to read a magazine... life sucks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 23, 2007 9:46 AM  

  • Has anyone seen this haircut?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 30, 2007 10:18 AM  

  • I have, and if I were gay...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 30, 2007 2:38 PM  

  • What are you going to do when Isabelles visa is up?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 05, 2007 3:10 PM  

  • You wouldn't have that problem if you went to the same barber each time. i've been going to the same barber for seven years and enjoy each conversation I have with him. You know "How was the trip to NC to see the kids" or "Is your wife still doing bible study with the prisoners at the Cranston facility" or "When's Tim Welsh going to get fired?"

    Maybe you're just completely antisocial.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 08, 2007 2:32 PM  

  • John D,
    You may have missed the enire point of the blog, but I will reiterate it to you.

    My problem is not I haven't found a barber to talk to, it is that I don't want to talk to ANYBODY.

    So finding a barber in which I have many things in common does not solve the original problem.

    By Blogger CleggoMyEggo, at February 15, 2007 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home