Chargers...Too Bad, So Sad

Pats 27 - Chargers 21. That is what the sports writers at CleggThis predicted as the final score last night in the AFC Divisional game between the two football teams. Well, we were off by 3. Pats 24 - Chargers 21. And if you missed it, then I hope that rock you live under has a comfortable pillow.
The Chargers were supposed to win this game. They were 14 - 2, best record in all of football. They had the MVP RB who had the best season ever on record. They even have some really cool throw back jerseys that they wear throughout the season. In summary, they were unstoppable.
Enter the MVP killing pats. Remember names like Kurt Warner and Peyton Manning? Yeah, the Pats beat 'em both. And last night was no different. Bend but don't break, that is what the Pats needed to do, and they did it like they always do.
After the game the Chargers, LT in particular, was upset at the classless celebration that happened after Kaeding missed the 54 yard field goal and we won. You know what, I understand LT being pissed cause he lost, but don't blame your disappointment on the Pats celebration. If everything was reversed, your team would have acted the same way, and honestly, I would have called the Chargers classless as well. So this is an issue that needs no more discussion.
So to San Diego, take your MVP, your 14 - 2 record, your 9 Pro Bowlers and 5 All-Pro players out to the golf course. Your season is over. The Pats will take their 1 Pro Bowl player back to New England to start preparing for Indy and yet another AFC Championship game. Because here in New England, we all know that there is only one Bowl that matters, and it is so great, its Super.


1 Comments:
Nice recap there, Cleggo. I agree with you on all points.
The only problem I have with this post is that everyone outside of the greater San Diego area also agrees with this post. I hope that CleggThis gets back to getting public officials fired and preventing sensible ballot issues from getting passed.
And, uh, GO PATS!!!
By
Anonymous, at January 15, 2007 9:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home