CleggThis

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Airing of Grievances



In accordance with the season, I wish all of my readers a happy...FESTIVUS! Thats right, CleggThis celebrates not Christmas, Chanukah or even Kwanza. Yes, we here at CleggThis honor the 1956 tradition of Festivus, made popular by the kings of syndication at Seinfeld. There are many time honored traditions that make up Festivus; the holiday pole, the Feats of Strength, but today we are going to gather around the fire and warm our bones to the gleeful sounds of the "Airing of Grievances." Normally, the Airing of Grievances revolves around the Festivus feast and involves telling everyone how they have dissapointed you. Since CleggThis respects its readers so well, we are not going to single any one person out, but instead the general holiday public.

Grievance #1: Mr. "I can't go food shopping without a cell phone that is speed dialed to my wife" Guy. This could pertain to any situation, but the fact that cell phones have completely infected our society I am going to concentrate on the grocery store phone call. Is this really necessary? To the guy blocking my way to the frozen broccali stuffed chicken, there was a neat invention that actually came over on the Mayflower. It is called a pencil and paper. Write a god damn list. Don't make a phone call ever time you don't know whether to get the Stop and Shop brand or the name brand.

Grievance #2: Non-rush hour traffic drivers. As much as I hate rush hour, there is something to be said about rules that are followed during that time. The fast drivers drive in the left lane, the slow drivers on the right, and then the really fast drivers in the open breakdown lane between the hours of 6am - 10am and 3pm - 7pm. But during non-rush time, drivers seem to throw all those rules out the window, especially if you are in a mini van. Does the car dealer put something in the new mini-van smell that makes people drive insane? There should be some sort of transponder in cars that plays Sammy Hager's "I Can't Drive 55" on the radio when you get into the left hand lane.

Grievance #3: Working the day after Christmas. Thats it, no need for explaination.

Grievance #4: The time it takes CleggThis to write a new post. Oh wait, thats me. I will try to do better.

Grievance #5: The rhetoric that you will feel better when you quit smoking. I have quit for 4 weeks now, been working out, eating better, etc. I even am sleeping more. All in all, I have never felt worse in my entire life. Between the bubonic plague I had last Thursday which prevented me from even keeping water in my system, now I have the cold from hell, which in and of itself is ironic since I hear hell is pretty damn hot. I am convinced that if you start smoking (which you should never do) you can't stop because you build up a nice wall of nicotine and tar that wards off all the sickness out there.

Feel free to post your own grievances in the comment section. I look forward to reading them.

HAPPY FESTIVUS!!!!!!!!

8 Comments:

  • Regular JOHN'S Grievance:

    Mr. "I'm single so anything a married man does, including calling his wife, is some how an affront to masculinity" Guy.

    This comes from the idea of 'don't let getting it right, get in the way of getting it done." So am I supposed to use this pencil and paper to write down all the million details that accompany the million choices available in an American grocery store? If the wife or myself wrote down "butter" on this list, do I also have to write, 2 sticks, unsalted, organic, land o lakes, geneticlly modified, free range, vitamin C added, "I can't believe it's not..."?

    Sorry for trying to get it right.

    Sorry for being a nice guy and going to the store while the wife can take a break.

    You know what else came over on the Mayflower? Understanding your fellow man.

    Okay, that's a lie, those uptight bastards only came here because the repressive religion of the old world wasn't repressive enough.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 27, 2006 12:23 PM  

  • johnc:

    In trying to defend your masculinity, you in advertantly killed it. Do you mean to tell me that your role in marriage is so small that you can't make a decision for yourself about butter? Are you so whipped that you fear the rath of buying the wrong butter at the store that you need to make a phone call in the middle of the aisle?

    Wow.....I mean....wow.

    By Blogger CleggoMyEggo, at December 28, 2006 1:32 PM  

  • Road wife would never expect a call. Chew on that....

    By Blogger CleggoMyEggo, at December 28, 2006 1:32 PM  

  • Cleggo,

    Whipped? Fear?

    Why is it again that you are single?

    Look here, husband of your own right hand, I don't know if it was Patton or Oprah who said, 'communication is key' but they were right. I'm sure your right brain was "cell phoning" your left brain trying to decide if you should get the broccolli stuffed frozen chicken or the cordon blue stuffed frozen chicken. Just because you're an army of one doesn't mean you should be bashing those of us who find happiness outside of the lingerie section of the Sears catalog.

    And further more, you're telling me that you never have to use your cell phone because you don't remember, or better yet didn't write down with a pencil and paper, whether you were supposed to meet someone at the front door or the side door of Applebees?

    And don't belittle the importance of butter and it's role in a happy home life.

    And because I'm looking for more information I have a small role? Don't you wish our President got some more information before he invaded the Iraq aisle.

    Gravitas that,
    Rj

    P.S. Whipped is yet another variation of butter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 29, 2006 10:39 AM  

  • I stand corrected. And I only say that because I can't quite tell if my conterpart johnc is actually mad or not. Seeing as I respect both him and his lovely wife, I going to concede this argument.

    By Blogger CleggoMyEggo, at December 29, 2006 1:40 PM  

  • CleggThis is a wimp.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 29, 2006 7:24 PM  

  • Regular JOHN is not mad.

    But now he knows your weakness.

    P.S. The had the wine tonight, it was great, thanks... too bad I can't go out to my local supermarket and buy it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 30, 2006 6:04 PM  

  • My problem with CleggThis is the lack of blogg enteries. STOP SLACKING AND START WRITING!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 09, 2007 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home