CleggThis

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Facebook or Not to Facebook

Yes, the writers at CleggThis have been working diligently over these last couple of years to continually bring you the hard hitting, relevant insights into social commentary that you, our loyal readers so richly deserve. Bad news, most of this work has been being done on the big social networking machine that is Facebook. It has been discussed at many of our weekly content meetings whether to abandon the website and solely concentrate on this one, which in theory should be the biggest website ever created.

But we have always been a commentary for the people, and as David Lee Roth always said, it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it is how good you looked...oh, and he also said give the people what they want.

So we throw it to you, our (and by our, I mean me) readers, would it be viable to move all content that is worthy of being Clegged to this site, putting the work on you to bookmark this page and make an effort to visit? And to then make comments and start conversations that could, God willing, make CleggThis the industry leader in social media and networking?

I think we can. Now, your thoughts....



9 Comments:

  • Why not have both. As current reader of Clegg This (whenever it is updated), thinks you can have your cake and eat it too! Plus you can update on facebook saying that you have posted a new blog, otherwise your fan base will diminish. Just a thought.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 12, 2010 8:57 AM  

  • Anonymous, I plan on making CleggThis the new Facebook. One of these days we will look back at the time when there was CleggThis and Facebook and laugh and realize how silly it was to think that Facebook could even compete.

    By Blogger CleggoMyEggo, at May 12, 2010 10:16 AM  

  • As a current blog author myself, I would utilize Facebook to alert followers to new content, but would leave CleggThis as the sole provider of authentic CleggThis material. I enjoy visiting all my colleagues' blogs, this being one of them.

    By Blogger Anthony, at May 12, 2010 10:20 AM  

  • I like our discussion, sounds like the readers are going to go in a Pro Facebook direction. But let's see what else flushes out today.

    By Blogger CleggoMyEggo, at May 12, 2010 10:52 AM  

  • I say keep the Facebook... what would a world be like without it?
    It is a good way to link your blog to readers who wouldn't otherwise know about it!

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 12, 2010 11:07 AM  

  • I will read your blog regardless- though if you delete your facebook I hope you would update more often. It is up to you whether or not you are ok missing out on what your friends choose to share on facebook...

    By Blogger Michelle, at May 12, 2010 12:11 PM  

  • Sounds like the world just can't get enough Clegg to pigeon hole into just one outlet of communication. But I like this discussion, even though it seems to be pretty one sided right now...anyone out there pro-anti-facebook (does that make sense????)

    By Blogger CleggoMyEggo, at May 12, 2010 1:13 PM  

  • One site called FaceThis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 12, 2010 6:33 PM  

  • I like stuff

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 18, 2010 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home