CleggThis

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol RECAP Week 7

Alright, disco night. Bad choice by American Idol, but overall some really good performances tonight. Couple side notes, nice to to see the video roll-ins gone (even though I am sure it hurts Cliff the editor in LA I used to work with on E3) and Randy seemed to have taken his positivity pills tonight. This blog is going to be a little shorter because I am tired and want to go to bed, but also some of these performances were good or bad enough for simple statements.

1. Lil Rounds - Sorry kid, this contest just didn't work out for you. You're gone.
Score: 6.5

2. Kris Allen - Simple. One of the best American Idol performances ever. On par with David Cook's "Eleanor Rigby"
Score: 10.0

3. Danny Gokey - This one was a little predictable. I am going to give him some props for singing "September", one of my all time favorites, and the singing was pretty damn good. Also, I think its a riot when he dances with the backup singers. Also, Vince Neal liked it.
Score: 9.0

4. Allison Iraheta - Again, no secret here she is my favorite. I thought this was a fantastic version of "Hot Stuff" and her vocal ability is the best on the show. Usually I don't go into the fashion aspect of the show, but really, what the hell was she wearing? I would give her a 10, but I really hate when they do the "pause, last note" masturbation and I don't think it was anywhere near as good as Kris.
Score: 9.8

5. Adam Lambert - OK, I give in. This guy is going to be around for a while so I might as well start giving him a proper critique. But first, my gripes with Adam.
A: He is WAY overcooked. The show gives him ALL the good production techniques. I swear they turn on 3 extra cameras in the live switch. Also, the lighting guy must be his friend. Nobody else gets lighting like he does.
B: The show has already picked him the winner. The judges are being told to give him great reviews, even going as far as to compare other contestants to him.
C: He is predictable. One week fast and crazy, next week slow and melodic. Did you really think he was going to do a fast version of a disco song? If you did, then you haven't been watching.
Anyway, yes he is a good singer, but in the same vain as James LaBrie is a good singer. Still doesn't mean they are entertaining or they bring me any sort of musical enjoyment.
Score: 8.0

6. Matt Giraud - Dude, for me for you, you didn't cash in your get out of jail free card. Instead, you borrowed Justin Timberlake's fedora hat and lose necktie and took a dance leason from his choreographer. And singing "Staying Alive" on disco night in pretty much the same way as the original...that is like signing "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" on Poison power ballad night.
Score: 7.5

7. Anoop Dog - I thought this was just awful.
Score: 7.0

Who SHOULD go home:
Lil Rounds
Anoop Dog

Who WILL go home:
Lil Rounds
Matt Giraud

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home