American Idol WEEK 3
Alright, so I finally have internet at home thanks to whoever is sending out the CHAMPDOG07 wireless signal. So Motown week has finally come, and I could only expect good things since this should be pretty much up everyone's alley. Couple generals notes:The first and last singers are really getting the short end of the stick. I think people have as tendency to forget them. Maybe if Paula and Kara would just shut up they could actually get the show done in its allotted time. Plus, maybe if the judges stopped sucking Adam's penis that would help out on timing as well.
I am going to keep doing this since I think it works, but the scores I give them is what I write down INTERMEDIATELY after the song is done, outside of the judges. So here we go:
1. Matt Giraud: Becoming one of my favorites. He is a great all around musician and it shows that he has cut his teeth playing live. I thought he version of "Let's Get It On" was great and entertaining. Look for him to be around a while.
Score: 9.0
2. Kris Allen: I almost gave this guy a 10.0 He has really grown on me because he doesn't play a lot of games as far as trying to separate himself from the crowd with crazy outfits or ridiculous song arrangements. His version of "How Sweet it Is" was spot on.
Score: 9.5
3. Scott MacIntyre: OK, I am down with him. Just awful. All around, nothing good about him. Novelty act is over.
Score: 3.0
4. Megan Joy: Ahh Megan. I really like her, I think she is funky and cool, but maybe this just isn't the right venue for her. Granted, her performance was bordering on horrendous, but I think she brings a different vibe then the rest of the girls, since now there are only 4. I would like to see another week and go from there.
Score: 7.0
5. Anoop Dog: Man, isn't is great he made it past the first week. This guy has got some game and played it well tonight. Definitely not a falsetto singer, but he held his own. All in all, very smooth.
Score: 8.0
6. Michael Sarver: OK, I am down with him. Just awful. All around, nothing good about him. Novelty act is over. I hate his voice. There is a line in one of my favorite movies "Amadeus" where Saliere says to Mozart "there are too many notes." Michael sings too many notes.
Score: 4.5
7. Lil Rounds: Ehh. You really thought this would have been another Mary J. Blige type performance, but it wasn't. Still deserves to be here.
Score: 7.0
8. Adam Lambert:
Score: 0.0
9. Danny Gokey: OK, now I am back on the Danny Gokey bandwagon, but maybe more so to hopefully see Adam, Scott and Michael get the boot. I thought his dancing with the backup singers was a nice touch.
Score: 9.5
10. Allison Iraheta: Since Alexis is gone, now I have to put my money on who I think should win. And Allison is it. Rock on wit yo bad self.
Score: 10.0
Who SHOULD go home:
Scott MacIntyre
Who WILL go home:
Megan Joy


6 Comments:
I disagree with you about Megan, Danny and Kris. There was nothing show-stopping about Kris's performance, Megan was just terrible, and Danny didn't do anything fantastic either. As much as I don't like Adam Lambert, you have to acknowledge he was really good last night. I loved Matt Giraud though. Michael Sarver and Scotty McIntyre need to go home stat.
By
Anonymous, at March 26, 2009 7:28 AM
I think a lot of people disagree with me about Megan, but I keep getting accused that the only reason I like her is because she caters to the needs of the superficial man, which is true, but it isn't the only reason I like her. I will NOT acknowledge that Adam was good last night. I will say he was better than usual, but that isn't saying much. Basically, I think once the OK ones are weeded out, it is going to get much better.
By
CleggoMyEggo, at March 26, 2009 11:02 AM
you've already heard what i have to say. it boils down to... the roughneck and the blind guy were never good to begin with- get rid of them. megan isn't all that good- she really isn't. she's pretty, and that's about it. her wiggle dance is stupid, and her voice is mildly irritating. and last night was just bad. i was disappointed with lil- two weeks in a row now, and i liked her in the beginning. matt giraud and kris allen need to step up their games if they want me to remember their names. i like the others enough. i understand why a lot of people don't like adam, and he's not really my type, but i can see where he'd fit into the industry. anoop, danny, and allison i hope to see all the way to the end- i think they all have something to offer, and i'd like the see what else they can bring to the competition.
By
Anonymous, at March 26, 2009 4:21 PM
Thanks Val, I know we already discussed this but I am just trying to make this a forum for everyone's opinions since I think its fun and hope its fun for everyone else too.
Thanks for you input!!
By
CleggoMyEggo, at March 26, 2009 4:31 PM
The show is getting wierd in some ways and good in others. It's hard to believe that Matt was in the botton 3. I think that was done for drama reasons. He was too good. Michael getting cut was the right choice. Not an IDOL by any stretch. Megan has dodged more bullets than Rambo. Time for her to go next. I wanted to strangle Adam...but he did save his bacon by coming out in a plain silver suit looking fairly normal and singing like a singer and not a broadway baby. I'm sure I'll hate his guts next week. The blind kid has over stayed his welcome...tic toc on him. Anoop is clearly the most improved, but he will screw up and return-to-suck soon enough. I think this will be a race between Alison and Matt with Alison taking it...but not making much of the oportunity afterwards.
Here is the BIG GRIPE. That opening number MUST GO. It was blantanly lip-synced. Even to the degree where they used B-Roll footage of Adam singing and he wasn't even near his mic. The footage did not even match. BOGUS.
And judge KARA is working on my last nerve. I really hate her.
By
Anonymous, at March 27, 2009 2:11 PM
It is so clear this year that there are The Haves and The Have- Nots. The haves are Gokey, Kris, Adam(I hate him too but he is Sinjaya with talent),Matt and Allison. I think they should just dispatch the remaning other four now and and shorten the show and let Kara and Paula have at each other for the extra 30 minutes.
By
Anonymous, at March 27, 2009 3:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home