American Idol Recap WEEK 2
OK,So I am real late on this, but it has been quite a weird week this week and I hope that you will forgive me by not diving into great detail. Those who know you understand, those that don't, I can only say that the delay does NOT involve a donkey and a car battery, and that's all you need to know.
Alright, so let's get to it. So the post this week is obviously AFTER the results show, so I will give you my rundown as I would have written it on Wednesday morning. Country week this week, so since I am not a real big country fan, I won't refer to any of the songs because I really didn't know any of them anyway.
1. Michael Sarver: Not bad believe it or not. Not great, but not bad. He didn't forget any words, but as Simon said, you really couldn't't understand them anyway. I think he did well enough to get through, but his clock is ticking.
Score: 7.5
2. Lil Rounds: Way out of her league on this one. Props for trying something new, but you failed...miserably. Like my grandfather always said, if it ain't broke, we should be drinking instead.
Score: 7.0
3. Kris Allen: As much as this would be a guy I would hate, for some reason I don't. I think he is pretty forgettable, but he deserves to stick around a while longer. He won't win, but I predict a top 5 or 6 finish. I could also see he being saved.
Score: 8.0
4. Scott MacIntyre: Hey, we all know he has a nice little story about him, but let's face it, he is no Stevie Wonder. I think his time is up, he bores me.
Score: 6.0
5. Alexis Grace: Alright, the bad things. Bad song choice, this one has been done over too many times. Bad arrangement, I would have liked to see her do a straight ballad of this, which I think could have been cool. Good things. She is my favorite. I think she has some real talent and has cut through the clutter of the pop female singer.
Score: 9.0
6. Adam Lambert: Really...no, seriously, really?
Score: 0.0
7. Danny Gokey: The more I see him, the more he is starting to get on my nervous, more so because I think people are already putting him in the finals. But what can I say, he is good. No matter how hard I try, I still like him. And when your good, your good.
Score: 9.0
8. Anoop Dog: Wow, Talk about redemption. I guess that is about it. \
Score: 9.5
9. Alison Iraheta: (She is out of order on this because, sorry) Anyway, my odds on pick to win it. As far as singing ability, I think she is the best. I like her, she seems cool, someone I could "hang with" With her, I have complete confidence she is going to give a great performance.
Score: 9.5
10. Megan Joy: OK, first off, did she just get a divorce, because last week she was Megan Corkrey. Whatever, she seems to be everyone's least favorite, but I would put her toward the top of my list. If you saw her on the streets you would imagine she would be more of a pop artist, but I like her jazz vibe. Probably not going to win it, but I give props nonetheless.
Score: 9.0
11. Matt Giraud: Again, someone who I think is solid. His piano playing is great, and I think that should be taken into account even though this is supposed to be a singing contest.
Score: 9.5
Who SHOULD go home:
Scott MacIntyre
Who WILL go home:
Michael Sarver
Alright, so now we all know what happened. Should Alexis gotten saved? No, they made it clear that it would be based on her second singing of "Joelyn" and based on that second performance, she should have gone home. But needless to say, she shouldn't have been there. Allison shouldn't have been in the bottom three either.


3 Comments:
OK now I want some analysis on the results :)
By
Anonymous, at March 20, 2009 12:15 PM
ok, well i think we agree here for the most part. my biggest problem with the way you've written the blog is that you use their actual names, while i refer to them by the nicknames i've given them. for example, i do not like roughneck or blindy. i do like red, and also don't know why she was in the bottom three, but isn't she like 17? you probably shouldn't be "hanging out" with her, at least not for another few years. either way, i'm excited for next week- hopefully anoop (i use his real name, cuz it's cool) will sing some jodeci or color me badd for us.
By
Anonymous, at March 20, 2009 1:34 PM
I know, this week was lame, and I referring to my analysis as a whole. I really rushed through it and is not my best. Next week should be better. Val, your right, I probably shouldn't hang with "red" (who I am assuming you mean Allison) but she seems to be the coolest person on there. I think you should give me a complete list of your nicknames to reference next time. Can you guess who I call "Poser?"
By
CleggoMyEggo, at March 20, 2009 2:25 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home