Holiday Miracle in Waltham

Almost 10 months to the day, what can only be described as a holiday miracle has brought joy and closure to a local man in Waltham. Barry Clegg, who was recently living in Weymouth and victim of a high profile heist, can now say that the famous North Weymouth Pharaoh has been returned to its rightful spot.
"I had come to terms with the priceless artifact being gone for good, never had I imagined that it would be returned. The fact that it comes around the holiday season just makes it that much better. It is almost as if Cleopatra herself is looking out for me."
Clegg said the antiquity was returned late last night by a man with a low hanging Patiots hat and wearing a black sweater. He simply said "the eagle has landed" and disappeared into the night.
As of now no arrests have been made to the original robbers of the item, and it looks as though that mystery will go unsolved.
"I realize the motivation for the original heist, there was a fear that the item would not be rightfully returned to the annual gift swap, but I think that is the magic of the Pharaoh head. Each year someone gets the honor of having the joy of displaying the deep history of ancient Egypt in their home" says Clegg. "I feel I was not so much robbed of the Pharaoh head, but the experience of having it in my home."
The Pharaoh head will reside in Waltham until this summer when it be returned to North Weymouth. "Its the way its supposed to be" says Clegg, "its a shame it couldn't be like this last year."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home