Long Run Inspiration #2
In continuing with the "Half-marathon training long run inspirational stories" today the writers at CleggThis bring you the second installment. This week was an 8-mile run, and yes, Eminem did make an appearance on the play list this week. I just realized that in theory I only have 4 off these left, and I have more than 4 stories to tell, so this will probably end up becoming more than a once a week thing, but for now, onto our second inductees.
This week I want to introduce you to a group of friends who I like to refer to as the Somervillians (actually, I didn't come up with this term at all, Justin did.)


These are a group of people I get to hang out with every now and then and, yes, you guessed it, they live in Somerville, or at least used to. It all started with Justin, who used to live with Vanessa, who went to high school with Colleen, then they both meet Tricia and Courtney who were then introduced to Justin's new girlfriend Stashia. Make sense? Anyway, the point of the story is these are some of my favorite people out there and whenever we get together we hang out at Vanessa and Tricia's apartment and play the card game of asshole (which I am assuming you all know.) Yes, this card game usually goes out of style about 2 years out of college, but some reason it works for us. Whenever we get together we sit around, play, get pissed that Vanessa is always President and basically just have a lot of laughs.
My hope is that many years down the road we are still getting together to play and laugh. For some reason I thought I had more to say, but I guess this is a pretty simple story of some great people that I have the privilege of knowing.
This week I want to introduce you to a group of friends who I like to refer to as the Somervillians (actually, I didn't come up with this term at all, Justin did.)


These are a group of people I get to hang out with every now and then and, yes, you guessed it, they live in Somerville, or at least used to. It all started with Justin, who used to live with Vanessa, who went to high school with Colleen, then they both meet Tricia and Courtney who were then introduced to Justin's new girlfriend Stashia. Make sense? Anyway, the point of the story is these are some of my favorite people out there and whenever we get together we hang out at Vanessa and Tricia's apartment and play the card game of asshole (which I am assuming you all know.) Yes, this card game usually goes out of style about 2 years out of college, but some reason it works for us. Whenever we get together we sit around, play, get pissed that Vanessa is always President and basically just have a lot of laughs.
My hope is that many years down the road we are still getting together to play and laugh. For some reason I thought I had more to say, but I guess this is a pretty simple story of some great people that I have the privilege of knowing.


3 Comments:
I never really thought about how lucky you are to know us, but you're 100% right.
By
vanessa, at May 24, 2010 12:08 PM
Dude, you're SO outta my league now it's not even funny. Hugs (and taradactyl (sp?) wings to you!
By
tmetz2003, at May 24, 2010 2:32 PM
ps-Eminem got me through heartbreak hill. That and Meredith Brook's "Bitch."
By
tmetz2003, at May 24, 2010 2:33 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home