
In response to the inaugural post on CleggThis, I feel it necessary to comment on the results from last nights Grammys. I really have only two key points to touch upon.
1. Kayne West DID infact win 2 Grammys. Although I can't whole heartedly say I am happy, but I can say that he beat out the shit filled outhouse that is 50 Cent. A good litmus test for the path of our society is not terrorism, education or the break out of AIDS, but the fact that 50 Cent, the king of crap, can get nominated for a Grammy says it all.
2. U2 won a handful of Grammys. I can't sit here and say I am not a U2 fan. Really, I think they are one of the best bands to ever hit the mainstream. They have had their moments of shame, how can we forget the POP Mart tour? Anyway, they have had a good career that should go down in the record books as one of the best. The Kevin Faulk of music if you will.
What I can't understand is how they got so much acclaim last night. Nowadays, it seems that if you shit on U2, or not give them an Award, then you are one of the terrorists. You either with them, or against them. U2 kind of reminds me of those urban legends of politicians being elected, even though they are dead. People are just so used to voting for them that if their name appears on the ballot, its a done deal. Eddie Murphy does a great job re-enacting this scenario in "The Distinguished Gentlemen." I recommend you rent it this weekend.
Awful.


2 Comments:
It could be worse, the Grammy people could have trotted out a reclusive soul/funk legend whose time has sadly past and let some flash in the pan knuckleheads along with two/fifths of Aerosmith ‘jam’ and try to convince young people that Sly Stone is cool.
They could have given us Joss Stone over-singing and the accountant-looking guy from Macaroon 5 over-honkey-ing some of his classic songs.
Oh, wait they did do that.
They could have just a) left the guy alone or 2) showed a retrospective piece where HE actually sings some of the funkiest, most heartfelt and groundbreaking songs ever to be recorded and released to an undeserving audience.
Nope, now I’m forced to admit that a) Sly Stone is never going to make a legitimate comeback and 2) a whole generation now views him as a joke and probably will go to iTunes to download the rap that third hottest member of black eyed peas puked all over a classic, instead of going to the original songs - songs that would make you cry, if you weren’t too busy shakin’ your ass.
EVIL JOHN OUT!
By
Anonymous, at February 09, 2006 10:04 PM
I don't like U2 but do like 50 Cent. His first album was fantastic.
By
Anonymous, at February 14, 2006 11:02 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home