In this crazy mixed up world of corporate America, there are many days when I consider myself lucky to have been given the opportunities that I have been given.
This is not one of those days.
I will take this opportunity to assume that most of expanding reader base is employeed by some sort of legit company. That being said, I want to remind all of you that no matter what you may think, you are just a number and you ARE disposable.
"But Barry, I stay late all the time and work weekends. I continually try to make the work flow around my office better and more efficient. Eveything I do I do with the intentions of making the company a better, more profitable place"
Let me answer that anonymous quote by saying Mr. CEO doesn't care.
Key message of today. Get yours, don't waste your time getting thiers. Corporate only cares about how profitable you are, and how much money they are losing because they (gasp) have to pay you.
I used to believe that if I work hard, try to be a good person and try and do things to help make my company a better place, that in the end my efforts would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, thats not the case.
Awful.
This is not one of those days.
I will take this opportunity to assume that most of expanding reader base is employeed by some sort of legit company. That being said, I want to remind all of you that no matter what you may think, you are just a number and you ARE disposable.
"But Barry, I stay late all the time and work weekends. I continually try to make the work flow around my office better and more efficient. Eveything I do I do with the intentions of making the company a better, more profitable place"
Let me answer that anonymous quote by saying Mr. CEO doesn't care.
Key message of today. Get yours, don't waste your time getting thiers. Corporate only cares about how profitable you are, and how much money they are losing because they (gasp) have to pay you.
I used to believe that if I work hard, try to be a good person and try and do things to help make my company a better place, that in the end my efforts would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, thats not the case.
Awful.


2 Comments:
At a company where the executives are all family members and have little to no experience in the "real" corporate world, can we really expect normal, intelligent business practices let alone proper treatemnt of dedicated, hard-working employees? I would like to think that some day people will smarten up and realize that this company is defined by its employees, their dedication and true talent, not by its leadership. Out-
By
Anonymous, at February 09, 2006 10:33 AM
In response to anonymous, who seems to work at one of those Integrated (Insert company task here) Solutions companies, my original post was never directed at any one company. Although it may seem to be directed at companies in and around Norwood, MA, it is the stance of CleggThis that no one company was targeted in original said post.
CleggThis and its subsidiaries applaud the previous comments. It is this type of intelligent commentary that this blog will continue to support and encourage.
Evil Barry out....
Just kidding John Coyne!
By
CleggoMyEggo, at February 09, 2006 10:50 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home