As much as I would love to see a woman President...

In an effort to warm my loyal readers up for the 2008 Presidential Elections, here is a sneek preview of the type of hard hitting, relevant insight you will only get from your one true source of information and entertainment, CleggThis.
A new poll was released yesterday that may have shed some light onto the Hillary Clinton presidential run in 2008. Hillary may have to think twice before she sidesteps Taxachusetts because of the automatic liberal vote. The recent poll read that 44% of Massachusetts voters would vote for John McCain over Hillary Clinton, who would receive 43% of the vote, respectively. Although 1% is a small margin, and could be easily conquered, it still doesn't hide that fact that there is no gaurantee of a liberal vote here in the Commonwealth. While I would never vote Republican unless Trent Lott had my balls in a sandpaper lined vice, I do have to admit, this new poll is not a surprise to CleggThis.
If there was a ballot in front of me right now between Clinton and McCain, I would have to check the McCain box. Why? I don't consider McCain a Republican. McCain is a realist. He has the same opinions that I do. He doesn't make up his mind based on his politcal affiliations, but instead makes decisions based on what is the right thing to do. Reminds me of our last great President, Harry Truman. (No, JFK does not count as a great President. Yes, he was well liked, but not a great leader. And before you comment on the Bay of Pigs incident, save it. I don't care.)
Anyway, while I would LOVE to see a women President, I just can't throw my support to Hillary over John McCain. If it was any other candidate, I would give her my full support. Hey, I may even help her campaign, but not against John McCain. The guy is to intelligent to pass up.
In closing, if it does come down to Clinton vs. McCain, I beg all of my liberal brothers and sisters to give a serious look at John McCain. Yes, the Bush Adminsitration has shined a black light onto the Republican party, and some would say there is no coming back, but that is because that the whole political party is walking blindly into that black hole, except for McCain.
It is also good to see that Massachusetts is not a gaurantee vote for either party. That is not good for politics to have people voting blindly. Just think, who was the last Democratic governor?????


2 Comments:
For many liberals, a progressive or left-leaning republican like McCain would be a good choice. He won't tax us up the wazoo and he won't go all born-again on us.
Expect McCain to distance himself from the current administration and Bush specifically.
Gore2008!
paul
By
Anonymous, at July 12, 2006 8:00 AM
Why can't BJ run for president?
By
Kyle, at July 13, 2006 1:24 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home